Lockdown to knockdown Covid-19 is the key to staying safe in this situation. Therefore, following the Government's mandate, we too are working remotely. Our branches are closed, but that will not pause our services as we can be reached digitally. We are confident we will get through this, together.
Important Blogs:All You Need to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccines
These 5 practices can help you stay protected from Covid-19
Getting the Covid vaccine? Here's what you need to know
How to protect your car during COVID-19
Tips to maintain your energy levels during quarantine
How to Care For Your Family’s Mental Health during Quarantine
Ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at your workplace
For Premium Payment, Claim registration and Renewal, please reach us on:
We accept payments, through -
Health Insurance for Coronavirus infectionProducts
- Our health products- OneHealth & Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, Magma HDI cover hospitalization expenses due to Covid-19 infection
- We also have corona virus specific product- Corona Kavach Policy, Magma HDI
- Please refer to policy related documents available in our Download section https://www.magmahdi.com/downloads under health downloads
- Visit any of our branches. (However for certain branches, timing may vary due to the ongoing Covid- 19 pandemic. Customers are requested to confirm the timing with our customer care - 1800 266 3202 before visiting the nearest branch)
- Opt for Sum Insured adequate to meet health insurance needs of yours and your family members
- Fill the proposal form with correct details and sign it
- Give correct medical history for all proposed members. Any non-declaration or mis-presentation may lead to your claim being rejected and policy may be cancelled as well.
- Once you receive policy copy, please check for details. If there is any correction do connect with us within 15days.
Relaxation under Section 64 VB for Motor Third Party and Health Insurance Policies
As per the Government notification, a relaxation has been provided on existing Health and Motor Third Party insurance policy covers falling due for renewal during the Covid-19 lockdown period i.e., March 25 to April 14, 2020. Such policies can now be renewed by making the premium payment by April 21, 2020 without any break in the policy period. Kindly ignore if already renewed or not applicable
Concerned about COVID 19 - Take action
Frequently asked questions
FAQs In Relation To COVID-19 Cover Under Retail Health/Motor/House Holder/ SMEs and small shopkeepers Insurance Policies
1. Will my existing health insurance policy cover hospitalization expenses on account of COVID-19?
Yes, in-patient hospitalization expenses on account of COVID-19 will be covered under the policy in accordance with your policy terms and conditions.
2. How can I intimate my claim after hospitalization?
Claim intimation can be done online through https://magmahealth.magma-hdi.co.in or by using our mobile app ‘Magma HDI’ which is available on Play store and App Store.
Further, the Insured is required to furnish/courier hard copies of all requisite claim documents at his/ her own expense to the TPA, details of which is provided in the Claim procedure section of your policy copy. Please call TPA call centre numbers mentioned on your e-cards or 1800 266 3202 for further details.
3. Are any waiting periods applicable to claims under COVID-19?
In case of hospitalization on account of COVID-19, the hospitalization expenses incurred will be covered provided the illness is contracted after completion of 30 days in case of a fresh policy. In case of a policy that has been renewed continuously without a break or in case of policies that have been ported in to Magma HDI, the 30 day condition will not be applicable.
4. Will the expenses towards COVID-19 vaccination be covered in case such vaccine is manufactured?
The expenses towards vaccination will be covered in case the policy has Outpatient Treatment Cover. Such vaccination should not be experimental and should be approved by appropriate authority.
5. Are the expenses on medicines and diagnostic tests incurred during medically advised home isolation due to COVID-19 covered?
In case your policy has an Outpatient Treatment Cover, then these expenses will be covered in accordance with the policy terms and conditions.
6. Will the policy cover expenses due to quarantine?
In case the quarantine is in a hospital and no active treatment is provided, then such expenses will only be covered if your policy covers Outpatient treatment.
7. Will the policy cover hospitalization in a country other than India?
No. The geographical scope of the policy is limited to India.
8. Will my travel history abroad affect the admissibility of claim under the policy?
Your travel history will not affect the admissibility of claim under the policy.
9. What are the expenses incurred for COVID-19 that will not be covered under my policy?
The non-payable expenses as listed by IRDAI will not be covered under your policy.
10. Will my family members be covered for expenses on account of COVID-19?
Yes, provided that they are covered under Health Insurance policy of Magma HDI.
11. Are the consultations with a Medical Practitioner and diagnostic tests in relation to COVID-19 covered under my Health Insurance policy?
In case your policy has an Outpatient Treatment Cover, then all consultations with a Medical Practitioner and diagnostic tests as advised by a Medical Practitioner are covered.
Further, in case there is hospitalization on account of COVID-19 and the same has been paid under the policy, then all expenses related to COVID-19 incurred on account of consultations with a Medical Practitioner and diagnostic tests as advised by a Medical Practitioner will be covered as per the pre and post limit specified in your policy.
12.What does "grace period for policy renewal" mean?
Grace period is the time given to policyholders to renew the expired policy without losing any continuity benefits. It is usually of 15 day however in the wake of COVID 19 grace period for renewal of policies falling due during the lockdown period between 25.3.2020 to 3.5.2020 has been extended upto 15.5.2020 for payment of premium without losing continuity benefit. However efforts should be made to pay premium online as soon as possible. Valid claims during grace period will be payable.
13.The World Health Organization (WHO) declared on 12 March 2020 the current COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic. Will medical insurance policies still provide coverage for COVID-19?
The existing policies covering hospitalisation will continue to cover corona virus related hospitalisation. For new policies there is a waiting period of 30 days.
14.Does my policy coverCovid-19 testing expenses even if I do not undergo hospitalization
Testing expenses are payable as pre hospitalization. If there is no hospitalization such expenses are not covered.
15.What happens if I cannot intimate my health claim as per the timelines stipulated in the policy?
You may use helpline or email for intimation of claims and submission of documents electronically or use customer portalsWe will be empathetic in case of genuine difficulties faced by clients
Motor Third Party Insurance
As per the directives of the IRDAI, It has been allowed to renew the policies falling due in lockdown period on or before 15.5.2020.
16.Can I get refund under my Motor Insurance premium/extend validity on pro-rata basis for the lock down period as the vehicles are not being used during the said period.
There is no such provision under motor policies.
House holder Insurance
17. Will my insurance cover the cost of a deep clean to my property should it be sealed due to contamination by COVID-19?
Magma HDI”s home insurance policy do not provide cover for the costs of cleaning a property.
18. I have been quarantined or am unable to travel from abroad and therefore my home may be left unoccupied. Will I be covered?
Yes the coverage will continue even in case of non-occupancy subject to intimation at the earliest opportunity available and production of adequate proof at the time of claim if any
SMEs and small shopkeepers Insurance
19. Is my risk covered under fire policy beyond 30 days as it remains unoccupied due to lockdown?
IThe cover under Fire and Special Perils policy SFSP has been extended upto 31.5.2020 without requirement of any notice from the insured. Our customers are required to follow the guidelines given below
20. If the premise is unoccupied for more than 7 days will the burglary cover be available?
We are determined to help our customers and observing the situation carefully. Each case will be actioned on its own merit and we request customers needing any assistance to contact us through tele and digital means