Contractors All risk
Contractor's All Risks insurance
If you are a civil contractor, you have many things to take care of.
Our Contractor’s All Risks Insurance can provide some relief. It offers comprehensive coverage for all types of civil construction risks.
The coverage for physical loss or damage to a property is on an ‘all-risk’ basis which means the policy insures against damage to the property in the course of construction by all kinds of sudden and unforeseen causes other than specifically-excluded perils subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
This policy can be bought by principal, contractor or sub-contractor, either individually or jointly.
- This policy provides cover for civil construction such as residential buildings, commercial buildings, factory sheds, warehouses, pipelines, dams and reservoirs.
- It policy also covers the risk of accidental physical loss or damage with respect to contract works during the execution of a civil project.
- The cover comes into effect with the commencement of work or after the items entered in the schedule of the policy have been unloaded at the site, whichever is earlier.
- The cover shall expire on the date specified in the policy.
- However, our liability expires for parts of the insured’s contract, works taken over or put into service by the principal, prior to the expiry date specified in the policy, whichever is earlier.
- War and nuclear group of perils.
- Wilful act/negligence.
- Loss discovered at the time of taking inventory.
- Normal wear and tear; rust and gradual deterioration due to atmospheric conditions or otherwise.
- Partial/total cessation of work.
- Loss or damage due to faulty design.
- Damage to files, drawings, accounts and bills
- Penalties for non-fulfilment of contractual obligations.
- Consequential losses.
- The cost of replacement, repair or rectification of defective material and/or workmanship.
Our product comes with the following extensions
There is also a provision for extending the policy period during the currency of the policy.
- Air freight
- Express freight, holiday and overtime rates of wages.
- Additional customs duty.
- Contractor's plant & machinery up to specified limits.
- Storage risk at fabricator's premises.
- Clearance and removal of debris.
- Third party liability
- Cross liability.
- Surrounding property.
The rating depends on the following:
- Type of the project
- Period of the project
- Sum Insured of the project
- Location of the project
- Extensions opted for
Total contract value including the estimated cost of labour charges and cost of material (including freight, customs duty and cost of erection) but excluding profit.