ChocoCraft Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 is a mod that adds Chocobos into Minecraft and you can tame them with Gysahl Greens just like other animals in the game Chocobos come in 9 different types, each with their own characteristics and abilities White Chocobos are super fast and can cross water; gold, pink or red Chocobos can fly and climb and are also the fastest; Purple Chocobos have an added ability of being able to walk on water!
Chocobos spawn in nearly all biomes of vanilla and ExtrabiomesXL. A complete list can be found in the Chococraft config file.
It may be safe to assume that the Natura Biomes are not spawnable locations for Chocobos, though this requires more research.
Chocobos are passive mobs. If attacked, they will run and try to hide from you.
There are 9 different colors of Chocobo: Yellow, Blue, Green, White, Black, Gold, Red, Pink, and Purple.
Yellow is the only Chocobo that spawns naturally in the Overworld. You however can get different color Chocobos by breeding them with Loverly (20% Chance of new color with new and better abilities) or Golden Gysahls (50% Chance). Golden Gysahls are REQUIRED to get a Gold Chocobo from breeding. Purple Chocobos, on the other hand, only spawn in the Nether.
Gysahl can be found anywhere in the overworld.
Gysahl are used for taming and healing Chocobos. Chocobos must be hand-fed the Gysahl, and after a random amount of Gysahl, it seems to grow a red or blue collar as a dog would, indicating it is tamed. The amount of Gysahl required to tame can range, from current evidence, from one to six. This taming procedure is mandatory for the breeding of two Chocobos.
Gysahl can be farmed. After the player picks a wild Gysahl, it can be placed in a crafting grid to yield three Gysahl Seeds. These can be planted in farmland as any other normal crop, and will pass through two middle stages before reaching maturity, which appears identical to the Gysahl in the wild.
While harvesting planted Gysahls there is a chance they will yield Loverly or Golden Gysahl, which are both domestic mutations of the garden-variety Gysahl and are used for breeding Chocobos. When this instance occurs, the crop will not yield seeds. Hence, you must continue growing Gysahl to get the Loverly and/or Golden Gysahl, which will not provide seeds when placed in the crafting grid.
Gysahl Greens can also be crafted with sugar to make Gysahl Raw Pickles and cooked in a furnace to make Gysahl Pickles for players to eat as well.
The Gysahl has few other uses such as the Gysahl Cake, which causes a Chicobo to grow up instantly, and Red and Pink Gysahl , which are made by crafting regular greens with red or pink dye. These latter Gysahl are used to color Gold Chocobos into Pink and Red Chocobos.
All Chocobos can be bred together by feeding the Chocobos either Golden or Loverly Gysahls. The Golden Gysahls give a 50% chance at mutation, while the Loverlies give a 20% chance.
Yellow Chocobos have no special abilities, and spawn naturally in the wild.
Green Chocobos can go up two block high walls without having to jump. Made by breeding two Yellow.
Blue Chocobos travel faster than normal chocobos on water. They also give you water breathing. Made by breeding two Yellow.
White Chocobos can climb and swim, while being faster than the Yellow, Green, or Blue Chocobos. Made by breeding a Green with a Blue.
Black Chocobos can climb, swim and jump higher, while being faster then a White Chocobo. Black Chocobos also give you night vision. Made by breeding a White with a Yellow.
Gold Chocobos can climb, fly, and swim. Additionally, they are immune to fall damage. Also the tied for fastest with the Pink and Red Chocobos. Made by breeding a White and Black while using Golden Gysahls only.
Purple Chocobos have all the abilities of Gold (except they are slower) with the addition of the ability to walk on lava. These can not be achieved by breeding and must be found wandering the Nether. They are EXTREMELY rare and also lay eggs rather than producing Chocobos directly.
Red Chocobos have all the abilities of Gold, but also can not be achieved by breeding, rather by feeding a gold Chocobos red gysahl .
Pink Chocobos have all the abilities of Gold, but also can not be achieved by breeding, rather by feeding a gold Chocobos pink gysahl.
Items and Blocks:
1. Gysahl Greens – Gysahl Greens are the most important block in ChocoCraft. They are used to tame Chocobos and to create various other greens. Just like flowers, Gysahl Greens will grow randomly across the map and can be collected and even planted again.
2. Raw Chocobo Leg – This piece of meat is dropped by the most unfortunate Chocobos. Just like regular chicken legs, they can be cooked on a furnace.
3. Cooked Chocobo Leg – By eating this yummy chocobo leg, you’ll reduce your famine. A Chocobo Leg reduces famine even more than a cooked chicken leg, healing just as much as a cooked pork chop.
4. Chocobo Feather – Chocobo Feathers are very attractive items to Chocobos. They can be used to build saddles, whistles, and even special types of gysahls. Tamed chocobos will occasionaly drop these.
5. Chocobo Saddle – Tamed Chocobos can only be ridden once they are saddled with these special saddles.
6. Chocobo Saddle Bags – Saddled Chocobos can be equipted with one of these to give them some transport and storage capacities. Once saddle bags are fitted onto a Chocobo, they can be accessed by shift-right-clicking the Chocobo. (can be used on Chocobo, but inventories are disabled at the moment)
7. Chocobo Pack Bags – Tamed Chocobos can be equipted with one of these to give them some transport and storage capacities. Once pack bags are fitted onto a Chocobo, they can be accessed by right-clicking the Chocobo. (can be used on Chocobo, but inventories are disabled at the moment)
8. Chocobo Whistle – (no function yet, will be used in future to call last ridden Chocobo to the current player position).
9. Loverly Gysahl – Loverly Gysahls are a special domestic mutation of Gysahl Greens. When growing Gysahl seeds in tilted earth, there is a chance the crop will grow into a Loverly Gysahl. This form of the plant does not appear in the wild. Loverly Gysahls are used to make a Chocobo fall in love and look for a partner to procreate.
10. Golden Gysahl – Just like Loverly Gysahls, Golden Gysahls are used to make Chocobos procreate. Like Loverly Gysahls this is a domestic mutation of Gysahl Greens. These romantic herbs are known to increase the chances of adquiring a new type of Chocobo.
11. Gysahl Cake – Chicobos just love gysahl greens and cakes, and when you join both, they’re get really happy. Gysahl Cakes give joy to a Chicobo, making him grow up instantly into one big and beautiful Chocobo.
12. Raw Gysahl Pickles – First step towards some tasty cooked Gysahl pickles.
13. After cooking raw Gysahl pickles you will receive this tasty Gysahl pickles. It will not only taste marvelous, but also reduce your famine a little.
14. Pink Gysahl – Weird synthetic gysahls are known to cause extreme effects to Chocobos. So beware.
15. Red Gysahl – Weird synthetic gysahls are known to cause extreme effects to Chocobos. So beware.
16. Gysahl Seeds – Seeds made from Gysahl Greens. Can be planted to build a Gysahl Green farm and can be fertilized with Chocobo Fertilizer.
17. Chocopedia – Notebook that keeps information about the Chocobos. Allows player to name their chocobo, check on information about health and breeing status and even give orders.
18. Straw – Straw cover for a Chocobo pen.
19. Purple Chocobo Egg – Produced by breeding purple male and female Chocobo.