Top 9 Foods To Be Included In Your Diet For A Safe Monsoon
Top 9 Foods To Be Included In Your Diet For A Safe Monsoon 17th Sep 2020
Monsoon often arrives as a welcome relief to many. The scorching summer heat and humid tiring days are replaced by new hope and joy as the rain comes with new promises of life.But monsoon also brings with itself a large number of diseases like dengue, malaria, cold and flu. Unhealthy eating habits can make people vulnerable to such ailments. One should also look towards
health insurancepolicy renewal to keep their family safe in case of emergencies.
Health insurance policy renewals are increasing day by day. So immunity is the key to successfully prevent such diseases, which one can only attain following a healthy diet. Some such items are given below.
- It can be used as an antiseptic, antiviral, antifungal and antimicrobial.
- It contains curcumin which helps in providing immunity and taking care of the health
- It is often called the golden spice of the kitchen. One can drink it as Haldi-doodh during bedtime or mixed with food as turmeric powder or freshly grated with other items.
1. Fermented food:
- Probiotics are good bacteria which, when intaken can live in the human intestinal tract and can help in fighting against the harmful germs entering the body.
- Fermented foods like yoghurt, buttermilk, pickled veggies are a must in the diet.
- Lemons have Vitamin C, which is very important during this period.
- It helps in building immunity against infections and helps in digesting quickly. It also provides nutrition to the flesh.
1. Masala Tea:
- Cardamom and cloves are essential to guard against infections and fight against diseases like cold and flu.
- Cinnamon has a lot of ethical medicinal values.
- Mixing these along with spices like ginger, black pepper and tulsi leaves with tea can be a natural immunity-booster
- It fights against the viruses causing flu and cold and boosts the immune system.
- Having garlic regularly can increase the T cells in the blood, which helps in fighting against such viruses.
- Garlic contains allicin. Raw intake of garlic changes it to allicin, which is a crucial compound helping to boost immunity
1. Dry Fruits:
- Nuts like dates, almonds, walnuts are rich in vitamins and minerals and must be an integral part of the diet.
- They are rich in riboflavin, niacin and Vitamin E, which helps in boosting the immunity.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant which helps in keeping the body fit and healthy.
- Spinach is a good source of Vitamins A, C and E. It also contains beta carotene, folic acid and fibre.
- These nutrients and antioxidants help the body to build up a robust immune system and be fit and healthy.
- They should be washed thoroughly before cooking.
1. Bitter gourd:
- This is not an item that is liked by many but is exceptionally crucial for the diet.
- They are rich in Vitamin C and help in fighting against many harmful viruses.
- One can have them boiled, fried or stewed with other vegetables.
- It is a herb having antiseptic, antibiotic and antimicrobial properties. It is also rich in antioxidants.
- It is instrumental in boosting immunity and fighting against diseases like cough and cold, sore throat, and body ache.
- One can have it by mixing it with tea, milk or soups.
Maintaining a healthy food habit can keep one fit and healthy, and then health insurance policy renewal will not be the primary concern.
One should avoid having street foods and carbonated beverages during this period. The drinks lower the minerals’ levels and enzyme activity of the body. Street foods are often left open to many harmful microorganisms. Sea fishes breed during this time. So these should be avoided as much as possible. Besides, one should also look for health insurance policy renewal to cover the expenses if needed.