Quick Guide on Marine Insurance
Quick Guide on Marine Insurance 18th Feb 2020
Marine insurance companies offer a wide range of policies that cover any damage or loss to ships, cargo, terminals or transport by which products are transferred, held or acquired between the beginning and concluding points.
Marine insurance companiesin India cover offshore and onshore exposed property, (ports, container terminals, pipelines, oil platforms), marine casualty, and marine liability etc. It's an alternative to the general insurance specifically for those in the Marine industry or even in the trade industry.
All ship and yacht owners must have appropriate marine insurance keeping in mind the variety of risks at sea.
Importance of Marine Insurance
With India being known for its peculiar geography surrounded by water bodies on three sides and its fame for the earliest trade routes, we've only got better ever since. Marine Insurance is a must for getting easy grants and easy access ahead. It also makes a company more reliable as it has proper protection against different hazards and is legally ready to set off.
The marine industry today is a great source of imports, communication, influx and a means for people to travel to different parts of the world. We all know the stories of the uncertainty of the sea. Hence, it is important to be prepared for such unforeseen circumstances.
Benefits of Marine Insurance
Here are the following benefits insurance companies provide when you opt for Marine Insurance:
- Personalized Insurance - It's very important to find insurance that suits your needs and your business. Are you only trading goods or do you also have travellers and are in the cruise business? Don't worry! Marine insurance companies are now personalizing these important details as they're basic to the kind of hazards you'd want to prepare yourself for and these build the base for your insurance cover.
- All Risks Coverage - It's only foolish to choose risks and get protected by those when you're at sea and stranded, or your goods are not insured just because you didn't tick that option on your insurance form. While choosing Marine insurance, do look out for exclusions before you make a choice.
- Worldwide Claims - You need to stop worrying if you feel your marine insurance won't help in international waters. Marine insurances come with worldwide claims as well.
Now that you know all that comes with the insurance, here's all that your insurance should cover. There are different types of Marine Insurances.
- Liability Insurance - This insurance cover comes handy in case of any injury or damage due to unanticipated ship collisions and crashing even if it's due to persuaded attacks.
- Marine Cargo Insurance – It pertains to the personal belongings in ship voyages. The cargo owner is protected from the loss due to a ship accident and in case of delays in unloading. This also comes with third-party liability coverage and includes damage to the port and docks.
- Hull Insurance - This is chosen by the owner and caters to the hull and the body of the vessel along with other articles and furniture of the ship.
- Machinery Insurance - This insurance covers the machinery breakdown and damage and is duly compensated for.
With this extensive range of marine insurance, a businessman or a ship or yacht owners can be safe and protected against damages like theft or hijack collisions and accidents. Hence it is vital to have appropriate marine insurance if your business requires trade via the sea.