Buy the best car Insurance with this Guide
Buy the best car Insurance with this Guide 27th Nov 2019
Buying a car is no more a family dream as people are investing in a car in their early careers. With the increase in pollution and traffic in most of the metro cities, ditching your two-wheeler for a car would seem a better idea for a comfortable ride to the office.
We get all excited while planning to buy a new car and would end up visiting various car showrooms to extract the best bid in our budget. However, when it comes to purchasing insurance for the Car, we would hardly care to see what it actually covers and prefer policies with minimum premium.
Purchasing the correct vehicle insurance is although little tricky, we present a primary point-agenda to buy the best vehicle protection with the best car insurance price in India to make your life simpler.
What should a comprehensive car insurance plan cover?
1. Any damage to the Car due to Natural disasters:
Since natural calamities are not in our control, anything such as earthquake, storm, cyclone, landslide, Tsunami, etc. must be covered in your plan.
2. Any damage Due to Man-Made disasters:
Any damage caused due to a terrorist attack, a riot, strike and during the transportation of your Car should also be compensated by your insurance plan.
3. Personal Accident Cover:
It's imperative that your Car insurance also provides for you and your family in case of an unfortunate accident resulting in partial or full disability and even death. Under a comprehensive policy you
4. Third-Party Legal Liability:
If a third party suffers any damages during the accidents or a surrounding property gets damaged, this cover protects you against the legal liability.
What is not covered under a Motor Insurance NOT cover?
- Driving the car under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Intentional loss and damage to the vehicle.
- If someone else is driving your car and it is damaged while being driven by that person.
- Driving without a license.
- Damage caused due to war, mutiny, invasion by the enemy, nuclear risk.
- Any mechanical or electrical breakdown of the Car due to Driver's mistake or because of the condition of the vehicle.
Always pick a top-rated agency
If it's cheap, it's compromised, hence don't get attracted by any plan that assures a full coverage under a low premium fee. In case of an emergency, the priority is getting your claim as early as possible. Go for a reputed company in the market that provides fast claim settlements along with great customer service.
Key factors to consider before purchasing Car insurance:
- Allowance for the commute - If your Car is under repair, make sure your plan includes an allowance for the daily commute by your insurer.
- Cover for lost car keys - If you lost your car keys or someone has broken into the lock system, you will get cover for replacing the lock.
- Cover for hotel stay - Suppose your Car has become immobile after involving in an accident and you need to stay nearby while it is being repaired, your plan must bear the expenses of your stay in a hotel.
- No Claim Bonus - If you haven't filed a claim during the period of your policy, you can apply for a no-claim bonus. Also, if you make only one claim, you still get to keep your NCB.
- Repair of glass, rubber, plastic and fibre parts - If such parts of the car are damaged, you can get them repaired, and this does not affect your No Claim Bonus.
- Lost Personal Belongings and Baggage Cover - If your Car doesn't have an anti-theft device that is approved by the Automobile Research Association of India, the insurance company gives you cover for the lost personal belongings.
While you spend so much time researching the latest model, the jazziest colours, the snazziest of safety features, also choose the
best car insurance policy in India
that offers you higher protection against.