Best tips on claiming a third-party two-wheeler insurance
Best tips on claiming a third-party two-wheeler insurance 5th July 2021
In recent years, people often inquire about the mandatory two-wheeler insurance and the strict regulations and penalties if a vehicle doesn't comply with an insurance policy.
Third-party 2 wheeler insurance covers the loss incurred by the property of a third-party or third-party injury by your vehicle. The third-party plan also covers the compensation in case of the death of the third party person. This insurance does not provide you with the option of choosing add-ons, nor does it offer the cover for your own vehicle damage like in the Comprehensive Insurance Policy.
But, the premium here is comparatively lower than that of the Comprehensive Plan, which as the name itself suggests, is a wide range of overall insurance for your vehicle. Therefore, it is always advisable to opt for the Comprehensive Policy for more features and a wider coverage option, including the mandatory third-party 2 wheeler insurance.
Now, read below the stepwise guide on how to claim third-party 2 wheeler insurance. Consider a situation where damage to your two-wheeler is caused by another vehicle in an accident. To file a claim to your insurance agency towards the medical expenses and repair of the vehicle under third party insurance, you need to follow the given steps:
1. Take down the vehicle's details involved in the accident and of the vehicle owner
2. Try and click photographs of your damaged two-wheeler
3. Look around for any surveillance cameras or eye-witnesses and note down their contact details
4. File a First Investigation Report (FIR) at the nearest police station from the event site
5. Inform the insurance company about the incident and follow their instructions for further action
6. File a case with the Motor Accident Claims Tribunal Court with the help of a lawyer. Attend the court proceedings, inform the court of the actual occurring and submit all the required documents and details
7. Share the court's order with the insurer, and you will receive compensation for the expenses of the damage
8. Always remain truthful and honest on your part without hiding anything from the insurance company. You may invite trouble by making a false claim or if the fault is on your part
Documents required at the time of making a third-party 2 wheeler Insurance Claim:
1. Driving License
2. Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle
3. Insurance Policy Documentation
4. Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
5. First Investigation Report (FIR) of the incident
6. Receipt or bill of any vehicle repair
7. Duly filled and signed claim form
8. Duly signed Satisfaction Voucher (SV) or Discharge Voucher (DV)
Do not become aggressive or angry at any time and remain calm. It will help you think of the next step more efficiently. Trust the 2 wheeler insurance and be patient throughout the process. But, do not delay in taking action and starting the process. Avoid agreeing upon any monetary settlements as they qualify to be illegal.
It is always better to be cautious than to claim insurance for damages. So drive carefully and follow all the safety measures!