5 Reasons why you should have an Individual Personal Accident Policy
5 Reasons why you should have an Individual Personal Accident Policy 12th Feb 2020
Accidents are always unfortunate, and you can never foresee when you might face such a circumstance, but it is always better to protect yourself from such unfortunate situations by getting a Personal Accident Insurance. You can easily buy personal accident insurance online by visiting the website of the insurance provider under which you want to get insured. If you have a Personal Accident Insurance, you will be able to protect yourself from huge inpatient hospitalization expenses and corresponding medical bills that can spend all your life savings in case you are met with an accident. You need to keep in mind certain things when you buy a Personal Accident Insurance: -
- Buy personal accident insurance online with a premium amount that covers your needs while not putting heavy stress on your financial stability.
- Compare the different Personal Accident Policies provided by different insurance companies and choose the one that fits your requirements the best.
- Select a policy that can be renewed online easily without having to visit the insurance company’s office.
Personal Accident Insurance policies can provide you safety from sudden financial mishaps that can occur if you face an accident. Along with this, some of the reasons you should consider buying a Personal Accident Insurance are:
- You have any disability taken care of - If you have a Personal Accident Cover, you will be able to claim compensation for any kind of disability that you may face in the aftermath of an accident. The insurer will get appropriate compensation from the insurance provider if they suffer the loss of income due to their disability. You can avail compensation for Permanent Total Disability as well as Permanent Partial Disability.
- Accidental Death Benefit - This is one of the major advantages and the most important reason why you should get a Personal Accident Insurance. In case of accidental death of the insured, the insurance company is liable to 100% of the insured amount to the nominee which are generally Class I legal heirs such as a spouse, son, daughter, mother or father.
- Medical Expenses are taken care of - If you suffer an accident, medical expenses cost can be very high and can finish up all your life savings in a very short span of time. A Personal Accident Insurance will provide you protection from such expenses as the insurance company will take care of the medical expenses of the insured. In case of demise of the insured, the company will also take care of the funeral expenses of the deceased.
- Family Security - In case the accident leads to the death or permanent disability of the person and that person is the sole earner for the whole family, a Personal Accident Insurance will provide security to the insured’s family. This will not only provide the family with funds to support them but also shield them from any hospital expenses that will be incurred if the person is hospitalized.
- Child Education Benefit - Some insurance companies also cover the educational expenses of children under child education cover in case of death or total disablement of the person insured. Under this cover, the company will be liable to pay some amount per child, to a maximum of two children for their educational expenses.
Buying personal accident insurance online not only protects the insured but also guarantees protection and security to the family of the insured in case the person is faced with permanent disability leading to loss of income. It is always a good idea to get a Personal Accident Cover, whether individually or along with your other insurance policies for your car or bike.