Things to keep in mind when you shift your car insurance
Things to keep in mind when you shift your car insurance 15th May 2020
Most car insurance plans are usually aimed at providing the services for one year, post which they are renewed. However, not being satisfied with the kind of services you have been receiving from your insurance company can be extremely disheartening. In this situation, you can decide to compare and buy a car insurance policy online. While switching car insurance may seem like an easy task at the outset, there is a lot of research that goes into deciding since you aspire to receive the best services. Here are some of the most critical factors that must be kept in mind before shifting your car insurance: -
- Premium and car cover There is no guarantee if you will receive a change in the car premium, and this is entirely dependent on your insurance company. However, like all things, even this may vary according to the risk covered by the premium, which is again determined on the base of zonal risks. It is only natural for the insurance company to ask for a higher premium if you are aiming to locate yourself at a catastrophic prone zone like floods or earthquakes.
- Importance of no claim bonusThis is one of the most important factors of every general policy. Shifting your car insurance may lead you to wonder about the NCB points earned during the previous investment. You can finally heave a sigh of relief since NCB is offered to the insurer for every year that goes unclaimed and is definite to follow you, despite your location. Be it changing the vehicle or switching to a new insurance provider; you can always hope to find your earned NCB everywhere with you.
- Importance of upgrading cover A new place means a shift in requirements and needs. It is always advisable to analyze your vehicle before availing any insurance service since you will then be equipped to make the right decisions. While aiming to buy car insurance policy online , be sure to get a comprehensive insurance policy with third-party coverage. This will aid in protecting your car from any potential damage that may occur to being involved in an accident, theft, vandalism, natural disasters, among other things.
- Evaluate your reasons It is important to understand why you are tasking a drastic step of changing your car insurance. While the reasons may be many, increased car insurance premium brings with it additional financial responsibilities. You need to be sure about the decision you are taking and should be able to afford the premium.
- Inform your current insurer When you inform your current service provider, they are sure to provide you with ample reason to stay. They may even meet you to resolve your grievances. If you feel your problems have been resolved, stick the decision to stick to your current service provider or changing it depends entirely on your convenience. Also, an additional tip is to not just focus on low premiums, since there are other features like, list of network garages and customer service efficiency that must be kept in mind while availing any insurance company’s offer.