Proud to be a foodie? Check these five amazing food tours that you cannot resist
Proud to be a foodie? Check these five amazing food tours that you cannot resist 20th Sept 2021
There is no doubt that the relationship of an Indian with food is above and beyond anything else. We don't just love the food, we worship it. Every time someone talks about food, and we get all nostalgic and tempted about it. Food is possibly India's biggest obsession.
Travelling from place to place to explore the best food and culture is another trend which is quite popular in India. If you are a foodie and looking for some famous cuisines, there are boundless cuisines exploring options you can find. Below are the best 5 amazing food tours you must try as a food lover.
1. Mumbai: ‘The city that never sleeps’ holds a speciality in street food as well as fusion dishes. In the city of nightlife, you will find a whole range of cuisines served at night too. Some remarkable famous signature delicacies are Vada Pav (local trademark snack of Mumbaikars), Pav Bhaji, Misal Pav, Dabeli, Bombay style Chowpatty Bhelpuri, and whatnot! Savoury food with a hint of Maharashtrian spices and taste is all you need to bless your tastebuds.
2. Old Delhi: It won't be wrong if we call Delhi as ‘food capital’ of India! Historical places, super delicious food, and politics are in the blood of Delhi. Delhi is famous for its street food and traditional cuisine of 'Purani Dilli' (Old Delhi). The famous landmark, of course, is ‘Paranthe Wali Gali’ in Chandni Chowk. The series of shops selling varieties of parathas make it the most happening food destination.
Other delicacies of Delhi food culture include Momos, Kebabs, Chhole Kulche, Paneer Pakora, Mughlai Biryani, and a large variety of chats. Crowned with their signature desserts like Jalebi with Rabri and Kulfi Falooda, Delhi perfectly satisfies your sweet tooth.
3. Ahmedabad / Surat: Gujarati delicacies exhibit homely comfort food with complex flavours, oscillating among sweet, spicy and savoury. Ahmedabad, aka Amdavad and Surat ‘The sun city', are both filled with food streets loaded with huffy-puffy food. As the significant population is vegetarian, here the food is full of vegetarian options. 'Manek chowk' is a prominent place loved by Gujjus. You will get fusion eating options created from traditional dishes, such as Khaman-Dhokla, Surti Locho, Jalebi Fafda, Khakhra, Undhiyu-puri, Khandvi, variety of Farsan, Thepla, and last but not the least is the whole ambit of 'Kathiyawadi' delicacies.
4. Amritsar: When it comes to counting the best of taste, you cannot miss out on the contemporary north Indian food of Amritsar. As you step into the streets of Punjab, the utterly buttery aroma of Amritsari Chole-Kulche, Karah Prasad of Golden Temple, and ghee emerging from Sarso da saag with Makki di roti is mouth-watering.
The food of langar at the Golden Temple is what makes this food tour worth it. A whole ambit of large Amritsari glass of Lassi and buttermilk will drench your heart with happiness.
5. Bengaluru: Famed as the IT hub of India, Bengaluru has preserved and marked its cultural flag with authentic South Indian food and its incredible taste. A quiet morning with a South Indian breakfast is the major ritual of true-blue Bangalorean.
Masala Dosa at CTR, Filtered Coffee, Seafood platter, Idli with four style Sambar, tomato chutney, Medu Vada, Dal Vada, Rassam, the whole trunk of South Indian variety is exclusive here. Wrapping up this south Indian elegance with Coconut Lassi and Payasam tastes straight from a local chef's kitchen.
health insurance. If already not purchased, you can opt for an online health insurance policy before planning your next food trip to any of these destinations. Keep exploring the world on your plate!
Are you looking for an online health insurance? Click HERE.
Disclaimer: The information provided above is for illustrative purposes only. To get more details, please refer to policy wordings and prospectus before purchasing a policy.